Skip to content
Is it possible to reduce thyroid antiblody level in Hashimoto Thyroid Disease
An_246106 posted:
I had my thyroid antibody level and thyroid horomone level checked. My endocrynologist says the test result is consistent with Hashimoto disease, but my thryoid function is normal as my thyroid hormone level is within normal range, but my antibody levels are very high. Due to my normal thyroid hormone leve, he is not prescribing any medications, but wants me to monitor with semianual blood work to test my thyroid condition....

I don't yet seem to have symptoms of Hshimoto diesease. No swelling nor tiredness nor forgetfullness.

1) Endocrynolgist said it is impossible to reduce thryoid hormone level as my body makes antibodies naturally. Is this true?

2) Also, he did not make it clear if my thryoid gland will eventually die (during my life span) due to my antibodies attacking my thryoid. Should I expect that my thryoid gland can die at unknown point in time during my life span?

I will take your advice in combination with what the endocrynologist said. Thanks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My gynecologist found a nodule on my thyroid in late 2004. After the biopsy was determined to be inconclusive, I had surgery to remove the right side ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.