Skip to content
How safe is thyroid biopsy
An_246106 posted:
About 10 yrs ago, I had thyroid biopsy per findings of suspcious nodules. The 1st time, they did not draw enough tissue sample to make any dignosis, so I did it gain the 2nd time. (Both times back 10 yrs ago per this nodule finding). The 2nd time, they said they're about 95% sure that it's benign, but still did not draw enough tissue samples to be 100% conclusive.

Now, 10 yrs later, by differnt doctors, they found suspicios nodules on my throids. They are recommending biopsy even though I may not be showing symptoms of thyroid cancer (but they said I am consistens with Hashimoto Thyrodi Diesease). I am not comfortable with needling my internal organ as I don't fully trust people in health care industry including the doctors. Even if they make errors, you still have to pay for their work which made angry few times.

However, how would you feel about another biopsy following 10 yrs since the last one?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My gynecologist found a nodule on my thyroid in late 2004. After the biopsy was determined to be inconclusive, I had surgery to remove the right side ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.