Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Questions about hypothyroidism
Mykids0412 posted:
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have a few questions. I recently went into my dr with concerns of having hypothyroidism based on quite a few symptoms I've been having for a long time. The most being awful headaches that I wake up with every single day, neck and upper back pain and depression/anxiety. So he ran the blood test and I get a call from my nurse sayi g my levels came back a little high and I'm supposed to come back in in one month and have them redone. If those come back high as well I will be put on medication. Does anyone know why he would want to wait a month to recheck the levels? I was sick with bronchitis when he drew the blood but not sure if that's why or not? Second, what is the difference between hypothyroidism and hashimotos disease or do you automatically get diagnosed with hashimotos once you're diagnosed with hypothyroidism? I feel so awful on a daily basis and worn down so I just want to start feeling better and I'm kinda bummed that's he's waiting so long to retest. Is there anything I can take as far as a vitamin or supplement to help until the next test? I know I probably have more questions but thanks to anyone who can give me any answers to the ones already !!

snfire2001 responded:
Find the book The Thyroid Solution and stop eating gluten.

http://chriskresser.com/the-gluten-thyroid-connection

Spotlight: Member Stories

Had a RAI [Oct. 09]. Chose to have RAI since blood work showed hyper, even though most of my life I was hypo. My scores have been mostly in the normal...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.