Skip to content
Recent New Problems with Synthroid
An_246544 posted:
Within the past 6 months I have noticed differences from bottle to bottle with synthroid I have never noticed before. I've been on it almost 20 yrs same dose. One day I went to the pharmacy to get a refill and they told me they could not get the pills and would not give me anymore information. The pharmacist just gave me a weeks worth at a time. It took a month before they had them in again. Since the new bottles I've been getting heart palps and a high forceful pulse rate. It would actually keep me awake at night. I would get another new bottle and suddenly the issue stopped. The next bottle about 3 weeks in same problems would arise again. I have had my labs checked and TSH is right on. If I stopped taking the pills for a couple days the issue would subside. I have now stopped taking them after 20 yrs and looking for an alternative. Has anyone else been having similar issues recently with this drug?

Spotlight: Member Stories

20 years old; female; college art student; aspiring art therapist. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's at age 16 after I had a year sans menstruatio...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful