Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Recent New Problems with Synthroid
An_246544 posted:
Within the past 6 months I have noticed differences from bottle to bottle with synthroid I have never noticed before. I've been on it almost 20 yrs same dose. One day I went to the pharmacy to get a refill and they told me they could not get the pills and would not give me anymore information. The pharmacist just gave me a weeks worth at a time. It took a month before they had them in again. Since the new bottles I've been getting heart palps and a high forceful pulse rate. It would actually keep me awake at night. I would get another new bottle and suddenly the issue stopped. The next bottle about 3 weeks in same problems would arise again. I have had my labs checked and TSH is right on. If I stopped taking the pills for a couple days the issue would subside. I have now stopped taking them after 20 yrs and looking for an alternative. Has anyone else been having similar issues recently with this drug?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 43 year old happily married man with 2 children. Don't drink, don't smoke, am 5' 9" and weight 154 lbs. My job is an office...More

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.