Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Adrenal Insufficiency
dlo471 posted:
I'm an adult female with adrenal insufficiency and I've had it for 4 years. I'm also being treated for Hypothyroidism. I have never participated in any discussions online but I thought it would be good to hear from other people who struggle with this or something similar. I often feel as if I'm in this battle alone so it would be good to hear what other people are doing with the same issues. [br>I constantly feel fatigued even though I haven't done anything strenuous and it occurs after about 2 to 3 days of my normal daily routine of going to work. I work in administration at a law enforcement agency. I can have a busy day at work and be very exhausted by the day. Depending on how much energy I expend will determine how fatigued I will feel either later on the day or the next day. If I "over did" it, then I wake up weak, fatigued, and dizzy. For the adrenal insufficiency, my endocrinologist has me on Prednisone 1mg and I take 3 a day. On the days I don't feel well, she will tell me to increase it by one or two or double if I'm sick with a cold, flu, etc. I'm also taking thyroid medication for hypothyroidism. That seems to be the only thing that has remained constant so far. Every time I get my thyroid tested, the Dr says it looks fine. I personally feel as if I'm missing something else that is related to my adrenal glands. I've been tested for adrenal tumors and that came up negative. My Dr tells me she doesn't know what could be causing my current issues and her only option right now is to put me on human growth hormone injections. A previous endocrinologist put me on those injections and it was a horrible experience. I didn't like the way it made me feel. It made me feel lethargic and often disoriented. I think I felt worse with the injections and they are very expensive. I was on HGH for almost a year and a half then I started seeing my current Endocrinologist and she took me off of the injections. I felt great after that drug was out of my system. I was doing good until the last two years it seems like my current symptoms are getting worse. [br>I feel as if I have hit a wall and not sure what steps to take next. Western medicine doesn't seem to be working so I'm considering looking into alternative medicine and possibly Acupuncture.
I would hope to hear from other people experiencing something similar and how you are handling it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Partial Thyroidectom 1/07 Synthroid 75mcgs TSH 2.5

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.