Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TSH of 7.05
Jwood1028 posted:
Hi Everyone,
I have been told recently that I have hypothyroidism, and I have been doing alot of research trying to find answer's to it all. I am 24 years old newly married and my husband and I have been actively trying to get pregnant since November 2011, and I have read in multiple places that this could cause infertility and I am just hoping being on .75mg of Synthroid this can help us with the process of getting pregnant. The funny thing is it didnt mess with my periods really that much at all so I am worried that maybe this won't change why I am not getting pregnant. I had alot of the other symptoms hair loss, fatigue, muscle cramps but what made me contact my doctor was my depression/moodiness and the horrible anxiety I was having. I guess I am looking for any clarification from anyone that knows what I am going through.

Thanks
Jenn

klx650 responded:
Yes this can effect fertility. Encourage you to talk this over with OB/GYN to gain more insight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Had a RAI [Oct. 09]. Chose to have RAI since blood work showed hyper, even though most of my life I was hypo. My scores have been mostly in the normal...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.