Skip to content
Confused
babibuni2004 posted:
Hi Everyone. I am newly diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, and have to start my medicine in the morning. What my question is my thyroid has been tested twice before and it came back on the money normal. It was tested again on Monday and it came back way not normal. Does anyone know what would cause that? Also I've kept telling my doctor for years, that I feel like I have some sort of autoimmune disease, what autoimmune disorders cause hypothyroidism?

cosmos50 responded:
I always felt kinda tired when I was younger and felt like I didn't have as much energy as my friends. After I had my first child I told the doctor I felt really out of energy all the time and he said probably because your tired. Many years later after my 5th child was about 4 years old I suddenly would wake in the morning and sit on the couch while he watched tv and I'd go into a deep sleep for another 3-4 hours..good thing he was good, because when I woke he was still next to me. I kept falling asleep, watching movies with hubby etc. and finally enough was enough and called endo and got tested and put on 50 mcg of levothyroxine. I now take 125 mcg and feel the best i've EVER felt since I was a kid probably..I've read pregancies can bring out autoimmune diseases such as Hashimotos and ms..Make sure you get copies of your levels and if you don't feel right within a few months get retested. Check Mary Shomans website/or facebook..lots of info.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Had a RAI [Oct. 09]. Chose to have RAI since blood work showed hyper, even though most of my life I was hypo. My scores have been mostly in the normal...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.