Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
So Confused, TSH vs. T4/T3
KWAG63 posted:
Can someone please help me? My OB/GYN checks my T4/T3 and puts me on thyroid medication. From 2010 to present I've gone from 30mg to 135mg in an effort to regulate my T4/T3. Now my primary doctor is concerned about my TSH. He says it is too low (0.08) and backs my thyroid medication down to 60mg. Now my T4 is too low (0.6). Each doctor accuses the other of treating the wrong thing. I'm gaining crazy weight and don't know which one to listen to. Primary Dr. scares me with talk of TSH impacting my heart. OB/GYN assures me he wouldn't prescribe something that would hurt me. I'm confused. It appears one is more important than the other. Which is most important? How do you balance all three?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 40 year old female and have been treating my manic depression with Lithium therapy for about 10 years,straight.I had no idea of the dangers ...More

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.