Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I need help Please
An_248633 posted:
I am at a loss here. Diagnosed with a non toxic goiter, labs "normal range", and had 3 FNA's to monitor a nodule. My throat swells on and off on one side where the goiter is so bad that I need to lay down and cant swallow. Mostly I have all the symptoms of Hashimoto's for 3 years and feel so abnormal. PCP says Im fine. Allergist says I have no food allergies or any for that matter. Endo says labs are fine and there must be something else causing the 11 Hashimoto symptoms I have and to deal with the goiter in my throat because he cannot detect cancer at this point. My mom and cousin have Graves and my other cousin has Hashimotos and other cousin thyroid cancer. Are the doctors correct and its all in my head?? What else can I do? IS anyone else having this same problem with their Endo?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had thyroid cancer at the age of 18, back in 1996. Had a total thyroidectomy, and have to rely on my thyroid medication to regulate my body ever sin...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.