Skip to content
Thyroid surgery
jmill923 posted:
I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I have a larger goiter, my doctor recently decided to look into it a little more because I've been having problems sleeping, no energy and weight gain. I did an ultrasound first which showed multiple nodules ranging in size up to 2cm, so then I did a radioactive thyroid scan which showed I have cold nodes. I saw the endocrinologist and she wants to do a biopsy possibly surgery but she wants to double check the size of the nodes because the first ultrasound wasn't very clear. I was wanting other thoughts on having my thyroid removed, I have people telling me I will feel better once I have it done and the meds are adjusted right and others tell me it's a big mistake and I will never have any energy if they take out my thyroid. I want to be able to ask my doctor lots of questions before this surgery to make sure there is no other options in getting it fixed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 40 year old female and have been treating my manic depression with Lithium therapy for about 10 years,straight.I had no idea of the dangers ...More

Helpful Tips

everyone with a thyroid problem should try them!
many do not believe in the supplements but I know do.I was diagnosed 2 years ago and for 1 whole year I felt horrible, extream fatigue, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful