Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thyroid surgery
jmill923 posted:
I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I have a larger goiter, my doctor recently decided to look into it a little more because I've been having problems sleeping, no energy and weight gain. I did an ultrasound first which showed multiple nodules ranging in size up to 2cm, so then I did a radioactive thyroid scan which showed I have cold nodes. I saw the endocrinologist and she wants to do a biopsy possibly surgery but she wants to double check the size of the nodes because the first ultrasound wasn't very clear. I was wanting other thoughts on having my thyroid removed, I have people telling me I will feel better once I have it done and the meds are adjusted right and others tell me it's a big mistake and I will never have any energy if they take out my thyroid. I want to be able to ask my doctor lots of questions before this surgery to make sure there is no other options in getting it fixed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Partial Thyroidectom 1/07 Synthroid 75mcgs TSH 2.5

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.