Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help for being tired and unfocused
twintojen posted:
I have been taking Levothyroxin for about 2 yrs. now and my levels are normal according to my MD. However, I am still so tired and unfocused on daily activities. I want my energy back. I saw an episode on Dr. Oz that featured ADHD and ADD. It gave many solutions to my symptoms and some were meds. After researching on line the types of meds available I came across Vyvanse. Could this possibly be safe to use along with Levothyroxin to at least to help me become a more oriented and alert person again? According to the episode of Dr. Oz that I watched, they said if used correctly the meds. used for ADD and ADHD are safe. He even stated it was safer than aspirin because it has side effects that are dangerous if used incorrectly. I

cosmos50 responded:
Im not sure about the adhd meds, but I would try first to get all you past thyroid results so you can see how the numbers look. I felt like that for months and had to make lists for everything...finally my endo increased my levothyroxine and I actually have felt great since april. Another thing they should test is your vitD levels..mine was 17 and should be about 32..somewhere I read that a hypothyroid persons vitd level is good between 40 and 50, just read precautions about taking calcium with it. I felt soooo happy they gave me 50,000 units of D3 per week for 8 weeks and brought my levels back up. Oh yeah, and now I hardly ever have to make a list to remember anything.
good luck..lots of info on Mary Shoman on fb or search the internet for her.

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.