Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Looking for advice on finding a good Endocrinologist
weige posted:
Hello,
In 2000, I was found to have severely high levels of insulin which resulted in the removal of most of my pancreas. The post surgery diagnosis was Islet Cell Hyperplasia. An extremely rare condition. For two year afterwards, I felt better than I ever had in my life. My health slowly deteriorated after that. In 2005, after several visits to the doctor, a Cancerous tumor was found in my thyroid. It was removed but I continue to be plagued by chronic fatigue along with many other odd symptoms.

I have had extreme difficulty finding a good Endocrinologist that will take the time to figure out what is wrong with me. How do others find a good doctor? Are there any web sites that have recommendations from people who have uncommon endocrine disorders? I live in Maryland, near DC. Can anyone recommend a doctor in my area? I hate blindly choosing doctors only to find out after lots of time and effort that they are generally unmotivated or overwhelmed with type2 diabetes patients etc...

NWoo1 responded:
I went to three Endocrinologists before finding my current Endo and he is fantastic. Unfortunately, he is in Chicago. Don't give up. There are great Endo's out there, but it may take you some time to find them. Maybe you can look into some online reviews?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My gynecologist found a nodule on my thyroid in late 2004. After the biopsy was determined to be inconclusive, I had surgery to remove the right side ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.