Skip to content
New to Tyroid Issues
suesue0910 posted:
I recently was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. I went yesterday for an appointment with the surgeon to have one of my nodules biopsied because it has a different "makeup" than my other ones. I go next week for my biopsy. Over the past week my throat, neck, upper part of my chest, and now my ears hurt. My chest pain is defiantly not the typical chest pain you think of when you hear those words. It is different and radiating from my neck. My ear pain started today. It is a stabbing pain. Should I call my doctor?

Also, I had my ultrasound on Dec 28th and I don't get my biopsy until next week and my results until Feb 11th. Is this usually the normal time frame for this sort of thing? Also who makes the call on removing my thyroid if necessary. The surgeon or my endocrinologist?

Thanks again,

Marisue

Spotlight: Member Stories

Had a RAI [Oct. 09]. Chose to have RAI since blood work showed hyper, even though most of my life I was hypo. My scores have been mostly in the normal...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.