Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
high level of free t4
An_250301 posted:
i've got tested for thyroid in last September. free t3 and TSH levels were normal but free t4 was 11.9... i was prescribed thyronorm of 75mg...again in this month i've got tested. again the free t4 level came to 19.2..i have hypothyrodism. i want to know that why there is such a drastic increase in free t4 level? will there any problems? i am married and we are planning to conceive. even my weight is 63 or 64.not getting reduced than this....

jwat0003 responded:
I would get a referral to see an endocrinologist sooner rather than later in order to find out what is causing such high, increasing free T4. You are hyperthyroid, not hypo. I would not try to conceive during this time but would want a diagnosis and treatment first. Good luck.

jwat0003 replied to jwat0003's response:
What is the reference range for your T4 test result?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease in December of 2009. In June of 2010 I had my thyroid removed.

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.