Skip to content
awaiting results
milmom posted:
Hi all<
ITuesday Feb. 12, I found a lump on my thyroid. It was tender, and caused discomfort when swallowing, coughing, laughing, etc. I went to my GPand he contacted an endocrinologist. Blood tests were ordered. I had an appointment with the ENDO the following Tuesday. Blood results were "normal". Ultrasound revealed a fluid filled cyst with solid masses (2). Biopsies were done, and I am currently awaiting the results. I am extremely nervous about the results, which I am hoping to get later today. My anxiety level is high. I have no idea what to expect. I have exhibited symptoms of hypothyroid for over a year, but never had my thyroid tested. The cyst appeared rather quickly. Anyone else dealing with this type of sudden occurence?

mountainmom48 responded:
I have hypothyroidism, have not dealt with what you are going through, but wanted to respond to let you know that I'm keeping good thoughts that the cysts are benign in nature. Did you have blood drawn to determine your thyroid functioning? Hang in there!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

everyone with a thyroid problem should try them!
many do not believe in the supplements but I know do.I was diagnosed 2 years ago and for 1 whole year I felt horrible, extream fatigue, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.