Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
awaiting results
milmom posted:
Hi all<
ITuesday Feb. 12, I found a lump on my thyroid. It was tender, and caused discomfort when swallowing, coughing, laughing, etc. I went to my GPand he contacted an endocrinologist. Blood tests were ordered. I had an appointment with the ENDO the following Tuesday. Blood results were "normal". Ultrasound revealed a fluid filled cyst with solid masses (2). Biopsies were done, and I am currently awaiting the results. I am extremely nervous about the results, which I am hoping to get later today. My anxiety level is high. I have no idea what to expect. I have exhibited symptoms of hypothyroid for over a year, but never had my thyroid tested. The cyst appeared rather quickly. Anyone else dealing with this type of sudden occurence?

mountainmom48 responded:
I have hypothyroidism, have not dealt with what you are going through, but wanted to respond to let you know that I'm keeping good thoughts that the cysts are benign in nature. Did you have blood drawn to determine your thyroid functioning? Hang in there!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 40 year old female and have been treating my manic depression with Lithium therapy for about 10 years,straight.I had no idea of the dangers ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.