Skip to content
High thyroid level
stephanie75 posted:
I have had thyroid issues for 17 years. In 1999 I had the front part of my thyroid removed. My thyroid leveled out until about 2 years ago when I moved to a new town. A week ago I had a blood draw, my level was 150. I had a redraw two days later my level was 91. I had an ultrasound and found out I have no thyroid. Why would my levels be so high if I don't have a thyroid? I am on 250mcg of L-thyroxin.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Higher the number the LOWER your thyroid level is. You are hypo.

the lower your number the MORE thyroid hormone you have have. (too much = hyper thyroid)

They are so high because you are very deficient in the thyroid hormone. How are you feeling with labs that low?

stephanie75 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
I feel tired, but I am always tired. More so now though.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to stephanie75's response:
that should get better as your labs drop back down to the normal range (1 - 2ish).

I can't function if my TSH goes higher than 4 , so you are a trooper dealing with labs that high.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful