Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
High thyroid level
stephanie75 posted:
I have had thyroid issues for 17 years. In 1999 I had the front part of my thyroid removed. My thyroid leveled out until about 2 years ago when I moved to a new town. A week ago I had a blood draw, my level was 150. I had a redraw two days later my level was 91. I had an ultrasound and found out I have no thyroid. Why would my levels be so high if I don't have a thyroid? I am on 250mcg of L-thyroxin.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Higher the number the LOWER your thyroid level is. You are hypo.

the lower your number the MORE thyroid hormone you have have. (too much = hyper thyroid)

They are so high because you are very deficient in the thyroid hormone. How are you feeling with labs that low?

stephanie75 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
I feel tired, but I am always tired. More so now though.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to stephanie75's response:
that should get better as your labs drop back down to the normal range (1 - 2ish).

I can't function if my TSH goes higher than 4 , so you are a trooper dealing with labs that high.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.