Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hyperthyroid. Weight gain?
IndigoRiley posted:
If i am hyperthyroid right now, and they correct the problem, am i going to gain weight? I am not too thin right now. I eat ALOT which is probably why. But i am just very curious. Bc the ONLY benefit to being hyperthyroid is being able to eat whatevr i want and i dont mind being thin at ALL. But i want to FEEL better so whatever it takes. But i was just wondering ... thanks

mountainmom48 responded:
Hyperthyroidism meds should not be used as a means to weight loss. It can have very detrimental health consequences. I think you also said you take adderall. That also has a negative weight consequence. I think you should let your doctor know that staying slim and not gaining weight is also a factor in your medical picture.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 40 year old female and have been treating my manic depression with Lithium therapy for about 10 years,straight.I had no idea of the dangers ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.