Skip to content
Confused
sdile posted:
Ok, I'm really confused. I have had all the symptoms of thyroid problems for years but my levels for the most part have always been normal with the exception my doctor always told me my levels always fluctuated to much between my TSH and T3 but it was normal so nothing else was done. Then about 5 years ago my thyroid was enlarged so a scan and ultrasound was done and multiple goiters was done but was found to be non-malignant and have not changed over time. Over the years I have continued to struggle with many thyroid symptoms, chronic fatigue, hair loss, insomnia, dry skin, depression, etc. etc list is never ending and the more I read I can relate what seems to be what even more of my symptoms. At any rate, I went to the Dr. today and she ordered another complete thyroid panel including a reverse t3. If this is elevated what does this indicate in simple terms? Can someone explain this in general to me? I would greatly appreciate it.

hormonequeen responded:
Please call AMOWC 813-341-2600 they changed my life. I was hypothyroid and they knew exactly what to test and how to treat my thyroid with compounded T3 SR or T3 T4 SR for treatment. I feel amazing everyday, they helped me balance all my hormones, nutritional deficiencies, neurotransmitters, they give excellent customer service with being very open minded and understanding.

http://www.agemanagementoptimalwellness.com

mountainmom48 responded:
I don't know very much about reverse t3, but it may have to do with your pituitary gland?? perhaps that your symptoms may be due to some else or in addition to thyroid. Have you had tests to rule in/out autoimmune thyroid problems? That would be informative and possibly explain why symptoms come and go. Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Had a RAI [Oct. 09]. Chose to have RAI since blood work showed hyper, even though most of my life I was hypo. My scores have been mostly in the normal...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.