Skip to content
First Thyroid Panel
CMLsurvivor posted:
I am currently being treated for Chronic Mylogenous luekemia with a TKI inhibitor (Sprycel). I had my first thyroid panel done at my request for a funny feeling in my throat. My panel came back: TSH 1.507. (.55-4.78) T3 uptake 28 (22.5-37) T4. 13 (4.5-10.9) Free Tyroxine index 3.6 (1.7-4.2)

Any advice as to what this would mean? I'm a little confused by this whole thyroid issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mountainmom48 responded:
What did your doctor think about the results? My doctor goes by the TSH and Free T4. Your TSH (although a little on the lower end) and Free T4 (a little on the upper end) are within normal limits. Are you having an U/S on your thyroid? What about checking antibodies for autoimmune thyroid problems? Might get a little more info with more testing.

I'm not much help as I'm fairly new to thyroid problems (Hashimoto hypothyroidism), but wanted to say hello and good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My gynecologist found a nodule on my thyroid in late 2004. After the biopsy was determined to be inconclusive, I had surgery to remove the right side ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful