Skip to content
First Thyroid Panel
CMLsurvivor posted:
I am currently being treated for Chronic Mylogenous luekemia with a TKI inhibitor (Sprycel). I had my first thyroid panel done at my request for a funny feeling in my throat. My panel came back: TSH 1.507. (.55-4.78) T3 uptake 28 (22.5-37) T4. 13 (4.5-10.9) Free Tyroxine index 3.6 (1.7-4.2)

Any advice as to what this would mean? I'm a little confused by this whole thyroid issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mountainmom48 responded:
What did your doctor think about the results? My doctor goes by the TSH and Free T4. Your TSH (although a little on the lower end) and Free T4 (a little on the upper end) are within normal limits. Are you having an U/S on your thyroid? What about checking antibodies for autoimmune thyroid problems? Might get a little more info with more testing.

I'm not much help as I'm fairly new to thyroid problems (Hashimoto hypothyroidism), but wanted to say hello and good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 43 year old happily married man with 2 children. Don't drink, don't smoke, am 5' 9" and weight 154 lbs. My job is an office...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.