Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
are my tsh tests boarderline?
mermaidtobe123 posted:
Hi everyone in new....and am hoping to get some answers here. I have some medical problems, and in the past it took the Dr forever to figure them out and then fix them. Well last year I was told I was boarderline thyroid. I dont remember if it was hyper or hypo. I just had a TSH test done in the hospital cuz I'm fatigued and shakey from the moment I wake up till I go to bed. The hospitals blood test says 0.47-4.70 then next to it says 1.27mcIU/mL. Am I still boarderline? My Dr ordered another tsh test yesterday. I have all the classic symptoms. Iif someone cld plz shed light on this. Its driving me nuts all the symptoms...thx everyone . oh and also, last yr. When my Dr said I was borderline...he was real Leary about giving me meds....and never followed up. Since then I've had all kinds of problems

mountainmom48 responded:
Did you only have the TSH? You might ask for a thyroid panel, including Vit D. You should check for autoimmune thyroid disease. If you have Hashimoto's, then even if your TSH is fine now, you'll need labs regularly to keep an eye on the numbers because it will only be a matter of time before the function declines.

If your TSH is 1.27 and the range is .47-4.7, then you are in range, but not at an optimal mid-range. That said, "borderline" is defined and treated or not according to the doctor's own direction. My doctor treats thyroid aggressively in that while I was barely out of range and some would consider that borderline, my doctor started me on levothyroxine immediately.

You might get some relief with just a small dose of medication. It is worth revisiting this with your doctor. Have more testing, get more info, go from there.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Partial Thyroidectom 1/07 Synthroid 75mcgs TSH 2.5

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.