Skip to content
Vague Thyroid Symptoms
jdawson posted:
I'm having some very strange symptoms and was wondering if anyone else has had something similar. It's driving me crazy.
1. I'll have 2-3 days of a feeling that rushes up my body, to my head and then dissipates. I feel like my head gets larger, or expands, and that my heart does the same thing, and then its gone, just like that. This all happens literally in a few seconds. I can only describe it as a wave hitting a beach, rushing up the shoreline and then receding and this all happens in just a heartbeat. When it happens my heart is regular, steady at about 70-75 beats a minute. My blood pressure is regular.
2. I've had hot flashes for well over 15 years now. Horrible ones, but it can't possible still be menopause. I had a hysterectomy in 1988, I'm 61 years of age currently and they shouldn't still be affecting me. Again, it happens in a heartbeat, I literally have beads of sweat on my brow and I'm sweltering. This happens multiple times a day, every day.
3. Obviously, I have the normal symptoms, which include very fragile nails, hair that won't hold a bounce although its healthy if I keep it short, dry, dry skin, fatigue, inability to sleep at night, diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Thoughts that I can't keep gathered. I feel a real mess.
Does anyone else have these symptoms, especially the first one? I NEED HELP!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 28 years old. I'm happily married to my husband James. We have been together for 6 years and married for 5 years. We have 2 wonderful chil...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.