Skip to content
Vague Thyroid Symptoms
jdawson posted:
I'm having some very strange symptoms and was wondering if anyone else has had something similar. It's driving me crazy.
1. I'll have 2-3 days of a feeling that rushes up my body, to my head and then dissipates. I feel like my head gets larger, or expands, and that my heart does the same thing, and then its gone, just like that. This all happens literally in a few seconds. I can only describe it as a wave hitting a beach, rushing up the shoreline and then receding and this all happens in just a heartbeat. When it happens my heart is regular, steady at about 70-75 beats a minute. My blood pressure is regular.
2. I've had hot flashes for well over 15 years now. Horrible ones, but it can't possible still be menopause. I had a hysterectomy in 1988, I'm 61 years of age currently and they shouldn't still be affecting me. Again, it happens in a heartbeat, I literally have beads of sweat on my brow and I'm sweltering. This happens multiple times a day, every day.
3. Obviously, I have the normal symptoms, which include very fragile nails, hair that won't hold a bounce although its healthy if I keep it short, dry, dry skin, fatigue, inability to sleep at night, diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Thoughts that I can't keep gathered. I feel a real mess.
Does anyone else have these symptoms, especially the first one? I NEED HELP!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had thyroid cancer at the age of 18, back in 1996. Had a total thyroidectomy, and have to rely on my thyroid medication to regulate my body ever sin...More

Helpful Tips

everyone with a thyroid problem should try them!
many do not believe in the supplements but I know do.I was diagnosed 2 years ago and for 1 whole year I felt horrible, extream fatigue, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful