Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hpyothyroidism
Donaley posted:
I have many of the symptoms of Hypothyroidism and but all of the my test results show that my thyroid levels are normal. What can I do? I am at a lost.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Uugh, darn thyroids! They have a sneaky way of being symptomatic prior to it actually showing up in the lab work.

First off did you get a copy of you lab? so you can see for yourself where the numbers are?

Secondly I would try this, it will help.

Remove as much iodine from your diet as you can. Read every label if if has iodine in it eat something else. Your thyroid is what processes iodine. If its already sluggish ans you are eating tons of salt you can stress your thyroid more, further slowing it down.

Use iodine free salt, as that is the biggest dietary source of iodine.

Then see how you are feeling in a few weeks. It can take a bit for a pokey thyroid to perk back up.

Reduce your stress to might help.

If you can afford it check you labs again in a few month. As long as you are having symptoms keep reporting to MD and requesting labs.

If you are of the female variety, have your labs drawn right after your period one time and then drawn before your period the next time you get them drawn.

If in 6 months (or now if you can afford it) get into see an endocrinologist and see if they will do more comprehensive testing.

GreenTMach replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Do you know if there is an online resource or a way to find out if a doctor will test for free t3/t4 or reverse t3? My doc argued with me about continuing testing for thyroid.

mountainmom48 replied to GreenTMach's response:
You can go to a compounding pharmacy and this will be offered. Holistic endocrinologists also do this. If your doc isn't on board for free testing, you may get fired as a patient so do consider that when proceeding.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my thyroid removed in November 2010. I believe, strongly, it is my responsbility to understand what this while do to my body and my future. No o...More

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.