Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Low T3 Issue
    dlo471 posted:
    I've had issues with Hypothryoidism due to a Pitutitary Gland tumor that I had removed 5 years ago. For the past 5 years I've been on Levothyroxine to treat the Hypothyroidism along with other medications to treat issues with my hormones since my Pituitary Gland doesn't function as it should. It's only recently that my new Endocrinologist ordered some blood work and told me that my T3 was low and to start on new medication called Liothyronine. All these years no one has ever talked about my T3 levels so this is new to me. I've been on this medication for a month and hoping this will make a difference in how I feel. It's just amazing to me that my other Endocrinologists never brought this up before.
    Has anyone else been on this medication and has it made a difference in how feel?

Spotlight: Member Stories

20 years old; female; college art student; aspiring art therapist. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's at age 16 after I had a year sans menstruatio...More

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
    Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.