Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Levoxyl Discontinued
Granny2be posted:
I would like to know what drug store still carries the Levoxyl? I was just told today that it has been discontinued, and I have been on this brand for over 12 years. I checked with other drug stores and could not find it.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
There not discontinuing it. There was an issue with the strange smell in the bottles that are sent to the pharmacy. There was a Voluntary recall and the stock should be back up and running by 2014. (no firm date has been noted, but plan on it being late in the year)[br>[br>Being it was a VOLUNTARY recall, not everyone returned there stock. Call around to EVERY pharmacy in your town and find out who is still stocking it. Transfer your script there.[br>[br>You can also see if there there carrying other doses and combine to get as close to your dose as you can if your doc will write the script that way.

Talk to your doc about synthroid, that is the closest your going to get to levoxyl at the moment. Or perhaps switching to armour.

Then join the rest of us poor souls on the generic.

plan on having your labs checked a month into the switch, I was forced onto the generic 2 1/2 weeks ago and already I am having brain fog creeping in. sigh. gunna be a long year or so.

You would think with something so vital to life they would be a tad quicker about getting the stock back up.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.