Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thyroid removed suffering memory and other problems!
Terriejean posted:
I had to have my thyroid removed due to an extra large goiter which had grown down into my chest cavity and around the back of my neck, also causing problems with swallowing. When I woke up I was basically lost and it took me a long time to get about half way back to normal. I am still having problem with my brain connecting my thoughts and memory lapses. Headaches to the extreme and body temp control. I am currently taking 150 micrograms of Synthroid once a day.

Please give me some hope as it has been this way for around 3years!!

An_253943 responded:
Look, it can only get better. Just look after your self and eat well, I know it's hard but you'll get they. Take care.xx

Terriejean replied to An_253943's response:
Thanks for your support. Hope ,my husband and God is all I have.

rawganica responded:
try taking a high dose of iodine.

I have had a non malignant thyroid nodule for about 7 years now. I have tried everything under the sun to fix it. FINALLY, I have found something that seems to be shrinking it and the cause in the first place. IODORAL. basically we are iodine deficient and need to supplement.
Works for me. I am not selling anything I am just happy I found something that is making me feel better after all this time. Look it up on Amazon (its not normally that expensive) you can likely find it at your chiropractors office for like 20$. But read the reviews on Amazon , lots of people are using it and having success....also, if you do try it please keep me posted. Thanks

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.