Skip to content
hypothyroidism and weightloss
battybats13 posted:
I am a mess of problems. 2 yrs ago I had a botched lyproscopic gallblatter removal which lead to the discovery of graves disease. My endocronolgist has pretty much left me in the wind and using me as a guinea pig on thyroid meds. They over radiated my thyroid so now its beyond under working. Levathroxin 175mg is doing nothing and I just keep packing on pounds (60lbs so far and almost all over night). I am also extremely tired all the time, I can literally sleep 16hrs and still be exhausted. Working out is very difficult do to my botch surgery (it has left scar tissue attached to upper abdominal wall, liver and an artery. Which no one will fix till I drop pounds).

Can anyone give me some advice or help. please and thank you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.