Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Low Thyroid options
lylly41 posted:
I am a relatively healthy 31 year old female. I knew to watch out for my thyroid levels due to the fact that my grandmother, mother and aunt all have no/low thyroid. Last year my doctor did a blood test and found my thyroid level to be 1.7 which i thought was pretty low, but she didnt see any issue with it. I just had another blood test done and my thyroid level is now .4 which i again thought was way too low and she once again said it was still in the 'normal' range of thyroid levels. I have gained almost 20 pounds in the past 5 months, i am not eating any different, in fact i am a very healthy eater. I am doing nothing different, except i find i am not as active as i used to be. These two symptoms combined with my family history makes me feel like i need to be on thyroid replacement but my doctor wont do anything. What can i do?!?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.