Skip to content
Low Thyroid options
lylly41 posted:
I am a relatively healthy 31 year old female. I knew to watch out for my thyroid levels due to the fact that my grandmother, mother and aunt all have no/low thyroid. Last year my doctor did a blood test and found my thyroid level to be 1.7 which i thought was pretty low, but she didnt see any issue with it. I just had another blood test done and my thyroid level is now .4 which i again thought was way too low and she once again said it was still in the 'normal' range of thyroid levels. I have gained almost 20 pounds in the past 5 months, i am not eating any different, in fact i am a very healthy eater. I am doing nothing different, except i find i am not as active as i used to be. These two symptoms combined with my family history makes me feel like i need to be on thyroid replacement but my doctor wont do anything. What can i do?!?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my thyroid removed in November 2010. I believe, strongly, it is my responsbility to understand what this while do to my body and my future. No o...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful