Skip to content
Do I need thyroid surgery again?
An_255012 posted:
I had a complete thyroidectomy in 2009 after I was diagnosed with hashimoto's and had a goiter 4 times larger than the normal thyroid size. I had several nodules all benign. I was only 24 years old at the time. Now while being checked over for a regular cold, I find out my thyroid has grown back to normal size and has a nodule on my left size. I had a fine needle biopsy to determine that my 0.08cm nodule is benign. I'm very concerned at the rate it grew back. I've never missed my levothyroxine and I'm already on 200mcg a day. I'm worried it's going to continue to grow again. Do I need to have it removed again?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 40 year old female and have been treating my manic depression with Lithium therapy for about 10 years,straight.I had no idea of the dangers ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.