Skip to content
what are some additional conditions caused by hypothroidism
dusan123 posted:
I was FINALLY diagnosed with Hypothyroidism @ 6 yrs. ago. Since then, different conditions are arising. First, I discovered I had became Gluten intolerant, and recently I have become B 12 deficient. These are symptom/ conditions that I have had to research and take to my doctor, only then would they do 'testing' which confirmed it! However, the one continuous symptom that I can not prove is ....like....Adrenal fatigue. One test shows very low results, then the next test shows normal!!!

Back to my original question that I am asking is, what other conditions are POSSIBLY going to eventually arise? Perhaps if I had some ideas, I would not have to search and 'fight' so hard and have so many un-needed testing and just go to usable tests.

asia0434 responded:
You can have trouble sleeping, with weight,hair loss, fatigue,hypoglycemia, brain fog, trouble with memory, and fibromyalgia.

audi920 replied to asia0434's response:
Is that WITH medication?

dusan123 replied to audi920's response:
Yes, this is with medication. I know of and have experienced the 'normal' effects of hypothyroidism ie: brain fog, fatigue, memory problems etc. ..The standard or most common effects of this ailment, the ones that are listed whenever you look it up
I am looking for info on the not so notable effects, such as the gluten intolerance, the B-12 deficiently and ???????
Thank you for responding!

rawganica replied to dusan123's response:
I have had a non malignant thyroid nodule for about 7 years now. I have tried everything under the sun to fix it. FINALLY, I have found something that seems to be shrinking it and the cause in the first place. IODORAL. basically we are iodine deficient and need to supplement.
Works for me. I am not selling anything I am just happy I found something that is making me feel better after all this time. Look it up on Amazon (its not normally that expensive) you can likely find it at your chiropractors office for like 20$. But read the reviews on Amazon , lots of people are using it and having success....also, if you do try it please keep me posted. Thanks

huhidontgetit replied to rawganica's response:
Hello. I have had hasimotos hypothyroidism for 25 yrs. I feel your pain. Please visit this site it is so informative. It has saved my life Www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.