Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Shocked! (trigs)
booklvr04 posted:
Hi Girls! I am cautiously optmistic as I write this post... I got a faint positive on a HPT this morning!!! I am still in shock wondering if this is really true. As you all know, I have been waiting for AF to start BCP for my IVF cycle. I started spotting Friday, nothing Saturday, and a little when I wiped yesterday. My temp as been holding steady, when it should have taken a nosedive Saturday morning. Since we are going away Wednesday and I needed to start BCP on CD3 and I didn't know when AF was going to show, I knew I needed to test so I could call and get my prescription from the RE. Well, yesterday my temp was 98.08 and this morning it was 98.61! So I tested! I woke DH out of dead sleep and of course he had no idea what I was talking about, since I told him I would be starting BCP this week, but he saw the faint line too! Oh, and here's a question. I get up a couple times a night to pee and I got up at 3:30 to pee and then tested at 6:15 - do you think this would effect the outcome of the HPT? I have a call into my nurse at the RE's office and I hope to have b/w today.. I'll keep you posted! I just want to say that I love you all from the bottom of my heart, and you are in my prayers daily. You are my friends and I could not have come this far without you. (((HUGS)))

beccadita80 responded:
OMG!!! Emily that is such great news!!! Yay Yay Yay!!! Keep us posted on the b/w. Congrats! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

beckyatmoms responded:
WOW Emily that is wonderful news!!!! I guess I won't be following in your footsteps afterall :sillygrin: Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!

beckyatmoms responded:
I forgot to ask....Have you been having any symptoms?

cms51684 responded:
Emily that is so great!! So this is all natural then? That is so amazing! I am so thrilled for you! As for your test question, the only thing that would affect your test by peeing in the middle of the night is your test probably is just lighter than it would have been had you held it longer. So CONGRATULATIONS!! What a WONDERFUL Christmas present for you! I am so amazed at how many women on this board have gotten their BFP's lately and I really hope this trend continues and we can all finally move on. Have a very H&H 9 months!

LookingForTheRainbow responded:
EMILY!! You deserve this - I will be thinking of you! Let us know how your B/W goes. You are giving me hope that IUIs can work. :grin:

booklvr04 responded:
Thanks so much girls! It warms my heart to read your responses! Cassidy - Yes, this was a natural cycle! I believe it was an act of God!! LOL! Last C was an IUI cycle, and we were going to start IVF this cycle... what are the odds! Becky - I am having a tiny bit of spotting and no AF. I also started to get O-like cramps on Saturday, and I'm still having them a little bit today, so I'm not sure what any of that means! I wish my nurse would just call me back already!! :pbpt:

LookingForTheRainbow responded:
I take back my comment about IUIs; that is even more amazing that it was natural! GL!

NervousBride responded:
Lurking.... YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best news EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin:

KateIM responded:
**lurking** Emily!!!!! Oh my gosh ~ congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited for you! :cool:

Briarrose31 responded:
Lurking... *Huge smile* OMG Emily!! That is the best news. Thanks for cheering up my day! I hope to see you over at PAIF soon!

MrsNealsWheels responded:
YYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the greatest news!!!!!!!! I am so stinkin excited right now I could just jumy up and down!!!! I wish I could be there to give you a great big hug!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: TIS

SaraBella85 responded:
(((EMILY))) :grin: I am so so happy for you! I really hope that you keep getting those positives! Please let us know when you get the BPT! I could not be more pleased that you got your BFP. I've never known anyone who has come across so genuine, caring, and optimistic, and I admire your faith so much. You've helped all of us on this board more than you can possibly know and I will really miss you. Of course, I am still ecstatic that you are able to leave! Was this an IUI C? Good luck, girlie. ((((STICKY VIBES))))

SaraBella85 responded:
Ooppps, I see this was an all natural C. Should have read the replies first. :pbpt:

RunJessicaRun responded:
OMG Emily!!!! I can't believe it!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Everything sounds like a positive to me. You have to tell us what your RE says. What a miracle! And just in time for Christmas. I am so happy for you and DH!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sarah (26) DH (27) TTC since Feb 2008 3 failed clomid Cs with timed intercourse 2 failed tamoxifen Cs with IUIs failed IVF Jan 2010 March - FET with ...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.