Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does Anyone Know...
SaraBella85 posted:
How long the HCG trigger stays in your system? I'm 6DPIUI and 7 past the trigger shot. Obviously it is too early for me to test yet, but when I do test, I want to make sure there isn't a chance the HCG from my shot is still in my system.

NervousBride responded:
Hey Sara, I don't have an answer but wanted to wish you all the luck in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

cacahead27 responded:
I didn't POAS until 14 days past trigger and 6 days after my FET. When I had my blood drawn the next day the nurse assured me that the trigger was out of my system by that point. If you can hold out that long, that's the only experience I have with a BFP after a trigger. I would definitely say that you should wait a little longer than 6 days past IUI. Good luck.

PGinSJ replied to cacahead27's response:
Lurking (Trigs),

Hi Sara. They typically give you an injection of 10,000 units of HCG and it generally takes one day to metabolize 1,000 units, so about 10 days (after trigger not O). HTHs.

booklvr04 replied to PGinSJ's response:
Hi Sara -

My RE said that 12 days past trigger is usually sufficient enough time for the HcG to be out of your system. I held out til the blood test a couple of time b/c that's what the recommended... but the other times I took the test the day before for emotional preparation! Praying for good things!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I am Kelly (at least that's what my parents say). I live in Arlington, Texas. I have been married to my husband Randy since 2008 after dating...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.