Skip to content
+ OPK's but small Follicles???
hmknight posted:
Okay so I am really confused today!*!*!*!*!???

I have no idea what is going on. I had a u/s yesturday and they said I was not going to ovulate this cycle because my follicles were to small. They said that I had 3 to 4 on my right side and 2 on my left but that the largest one was only 10mm :frown: She told me not to worry about using OPK's she said it would be a waste of money. But I decided to do it today anyways. Well I had 2 +++'s today one at 10am and the other at 5pm. I am really confused. I just don't know any more.

I guess we will just continue to DTD every other day and see what happens not keeping my hopes up though.

Here is my chart
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/hmknight

Heather

RunJessicaRun responded:
Heather, ugh, yes it can be so confusing!

During my 2nd femara cycle last year my RE was doing U/S to monitor how my follies grew. I got a positive OPK one morning and went in about an hour later and the U/S showed that I had ovulated! It was very strange. My RE nurse said I most likely released immature eggs because the follies were small during the U/S a couple days before and can only grow so much at a time. I wonder if maybe you are releasing immature eggs? I am curious to see what your temps do, to see if you really O'd or not.

I do like you plan of BD every other day, you are doing everything you can.

SaraBella85 responded:
Hi Heather. Last C I went in for my u/s before trigger and IUI and she said I had three follies. Two that were mature and then one that was 12mm. She said after two days it would be big enough too. So maybe it's possible your follies are still growing and you'll O late this month! I mean a means it could still be two days before your egg is released so maybe one of them will be big enough. At any rate, I'm glad you're still DTD because that will keep you covered. GL!

brookelovettc responded:
Yeah I would DTD every other day - you never know! FX :)

2yrsNcounting replied to brookelovettc's response:
I'm sorry it's so confusing!! FX

hmknight responded:
Thanks so much ladies. I don't know what is going on. I am not going to keep my hope up this month cause they say the later you O has to do with the quality of eggs. And I really don't want to have to go through another miscarriage. I am really hopefull about next month and I am ready to start fresh. We are still going to try and BD everyother night and see what happens. I tried last night but by the time I got into the bedroom which was only a couple of minutes DH was out. Then I tried again this morning and I could not get him up so I guess I will have to try when he gets home. I have taken to OPK's today one with FMU and the other with SMU both were neg. like pretty light so I don't know I am going to take another one this afternoon and see. Good Luck to the rest of you and I will be joining all the ones that don't get there BFP this on the quest for one next month.

Heather

Spotlight: Member Stories

Trying to conceive our first since Oct 08, We got great news in May 09 only to have a find out we had a missed M/C in June at 10wks. We went for the U...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.