Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
RE update
brookelovettc posted:
We had our RE apt this morning and it went well. Since I'm still in the process of having all our testing done we didn't get much of a plan started yet.

Keep all your fingers and toes crossed for me that the HSG on Monday shows a happy uterus and open tubes! (And thank you for the comments about the HSG - let you all know how it goes.)

If all the tests are okay then we'll be doing IUI. He said they have a high success rate for first IUIs but from what I've read online it usually takes 3-4 tries. If it doesn't work 3 times he said we'd move on to IVF. I'm nervous about all the $. Just one IUI is aprox 500 euro. He also said that they could get the meds to us free of cost which helps a lot because they said the meds cost more than the procedures.

A lot of pressure on me and my reproductive system now. Really hope the HSG goes well.

I hope all you ladies are doing okay. I'm going to try to enjoy this weekend and not worry! Margaritas, anyone?

2yrsNcounting responded:
Good luck with your HSG... I have my fingers crossed and prayers for all of the ladies on here, but a special one for you on Monday...

hppyTurtle responded:
YES! Have those Margaritas while you still can! That's awesome about the free meds... sounds like things are working in your favor! I hope it keeps going that way!

Keep us posted!

hmknight responded:
Sounds like a great plan I really hope that Monday goes well for you I know what you mean about money. We are not going to buy a house right now and just hope that our sells soon. With all of the money this is costing us and considering we are still paying on the miscarriage from last year. We don't want to end up in a bid. So we are going to rent a house from his mother while DH does his MBL (Masters in Business Leadership) program and then in 2 or
2 1/2 years maybe less maybe we will buy a new house.

It is so hard to stomach sometimes how much it is all costing. I broke down cause we had all these plans to get a house I did all the improvements on our house so that we could do this. It is just dishearting DH came home with a couch yesturday and it was from his friends that just bought a house and our buying brand new furniture. I feel like we have nothing. No baby, no new house, no new furniture. This was all our plan and now nothing but disappointment every month. Then every month someone else shows up prego. UGH

Sorry to go on a rant I just know how you feel. I mean once we have a kid it will end up being cheaper even with the Dr. bills and feeding them. It feels like that anyways.

I really hope everything goes well for you and I wish you the best of luck with all your testing. FX'd

p.s. I am so ready for a margarita

Heather

brookelovettc replied to hmknight's response:
Thank you so much, girls! I really wish we could all meet for margaritas and have fun and forget about some of these worries at least for one night!

Heather, big hug to you! I know I don't know you that well but I think you're a super sweet girl! I just know we'd have a great time if we were friends in real life! Things may seem sucky right now but I know they will get better. I just know that some day soon you'll be a happy mommy in a house you love and you'll feel so full.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Cheers

PS
listen to this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlL8LayF0uw

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sarah (26) DH (27) TTC since Feb 2008 3 failed clomid Cs with timed intercourse 2 failed tamoxifen Cs with IUIs failed IVF Jan 2010 March - FET with ...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.