Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
progesterone results =(
baby1298 posted:
well, i got my 7DPO progesterone results back this morning and its only 4.3 (thats why i dont get my hopes up right away!).........so heres whats been going on so far in my C~ CD 3 hormones were all in range except my testosterone (54, suppose to be less then 50), got a +OPK on CD14, but my progesterone is really low, WTH?!?!........i was looking up low progesterone and according to all the websites i'm either not O'ing on my own, or my progesterone isnt rising like its suppose to. im kind of going towards the "not rising" issue. the reason being is cause i always get a +OPK gradually every month, and i dont have PCOS cause all my tests have ruled it out. when i went to my consult for acupuncture, the acupuncturist was skeptical about my progesterone based on my AF's, and i think shes right. if it is in fact my progesterone, not O, will it be easy to fix? can i still get pg on my own?......... UGH! im just so bummed . but, my mom said "well, at least you finally know the reason why your not getting pg. now you can fix it". i guess she does have a point. but, its stills hard knowing that there is something wrong.

so what do you ladies think?

Kofie responded:
I don't have any advice but I just wanted to say I hope everything works out. I am sure there is something that can be done to help supplement your progesterone.

And your mom is right, now you know and can take the steps to correct it and know what your next step is.

(((HUGS)))

PGinSJ replied to Kofie's response:
Lurking (Trigs)...

Okay, I just read this Priscilla. I would trust yourself and the acupuncturess about the issue at hand. But that being said, fertility meds can't hurt if you are open to them. They may even double or triple your chances each month if you produce more than one egg.

But if you are anti-meds or want to try a more conservative approach first then you can try the prog supplements alone. They should give them to you starting post O next C and then redraw your blood. If that doesn't work there are always progesterone shots.

PS-I would buy a fertility monitor vs OPKs. I believe they are more accurate as they monitor two types of hormones (estrogen and HCG) in your urine (vs just one with OPKs).

And keep in mind that the great thing about your acupuncturess is she is well versed in working WITH western medicine. In fact, when I was ready to d/c my progesterone Dr. H encouraged me to continue. So they aren't too far into the Eastern ways. That's one of the reasons I went to them. Fact is, sad to say, if it's a hormonal problem you may get quicker results from a western approach and their approach can augment that.

Example: I had a ton of drugs for my second HSG and she said my body was pretty toxic thereafter and helped to rid me of the toxins via diet and increasing blood flow.

baby1298 replied to PGinSJ's response:
hey christy

thanks for responding to my post over here. i was gonna respond to your post on the PAIF board yesterday, but i was too late, they were already doing maintenance on the boards.

anyway......... i was having a really rough day yesterday thinking about this. i stayed in bed all day with DH(he didnt have to work) watching movies. plus, the weather was ugly and rainy, so that just made me feel even worse. DH was trying to make me feel better, but i just couldn't stop thinking about the "what if's". BUT, i kept telling my self that ill just talk to the acupuncturist about it and go from there(still havent talk to her about it yet)............at last weeks appt she said she can give me progesterone supplements if needed, depending on my results(they have it at the office) ......but, like you said also, i just need to trust myself and the acupuncture, plus the herbs to help me along. i was looking up the herbs she gave me for this half of my C and they all work like progesterone, but ill probably need some supplements too. and, i know its suppose to take about 3 months to actually see results, from the herbs alone. i mean this is my only my first month taking them, so it probably wouldn't have made a difference in my body yet........im open to fertility meds, but i cant afford them, not even clomid. i have to pay everything out of pocket! between the cost of clomid, u/s's, blood tests, i CANT pay for all that! its just way tooo expensive for me. thats why i went towards the alternate route, acupuncture/chinese herbs........plus, my OBGYN doesnt know im TTC and dealing with IF. the only reason i was able to get my CD3/7DPO progesterone blood tests done was cause i never had any of my hormones checked with him. so, i took advantage of that, he ordered them, and i got them tested on the days needed. if he knew i was doing this for IF, NOTHING would be covered. so i have to do this in secret. and, according to KP's progesterone range for the CD i got it tested, it said im in range. but, since im TTC its way out of range, and if i told him that then i would have to pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING. it sucks, but there's really nothing i can do. you were extremely lucky KP covered you under IF! thats rare!

funny you mention this, cause i was thinking about buying a fertility monitor. i heard it was more accurate. i know they have them at costco, and its a pretty reasonable price too. i'll probably invest in one.

thanks for the advice i truly appreciate it!!

take care!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old and was married for 10 years now. And now I am divorsed. I have become a new women. I am currently trying to get pregnant through us...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.