Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sometimes you need to laugh - or scream!
binkieblues posted:
New to the boards - TTC for over 1 year. Me? Endo, blocked tubes (cleared through HSG) not a spring chicken (36)...DH? Slow motility, low morphology - you name it, we got it!! Just started my 1st round of Clomid! I am a fairly positive and optimistic person but I have decided to list the top 3 things I'm tired of hearing...feel free to add your own!
1. Stop trying - everyone gets pregnant when they stop trying!
2. If it's meant to be, it will be
3. Everything happens for a reason

tripp9 responded:
I totally argee with you on this. If I hear anymore "catch pharses" about why I'm not pregnant yet I think I'm going to scream. I'm new to the boards too. Been trying for over a year and everytime I go to the doctor's they just say it takes time and there's nothing wrong. Good luck to you.
Judie DH (27), Me (31), TTC since July 09

binkieblues responded:
If I were you I would find another dr. or insist on some testing. My 1st dr told me the same thing. I finally got tired of waiting and went to someone else. To my surprise (and frustration) I had quite a few problems that could have been taken care of a long time ago. There is basically no way I would have been able to get pregnant w/o going through the laparoscopy and HSG. I'm still not preg, but at least I feel like I have a shot now! Good luck to you!!

Bellisima09 responded:
Welcome! OMG, I totally hear you. Just this week I was talking to my Mom and she basically told us to start the adoption process b/c that's when women having trouble with TTC get preggo. I just had to laugh b/c it's my Mom and she is a little goofy. What I can't stand is the people who don't know any better and constantly hound you about when you're going to have kids. 1) That's none of your business and 2) We've been trying for over a year now so shut your pie hole!

Thanks for that opportunity to vent, and again, welcome! These boards are great!
Jess(29)DH(29)DearDog(2), TTC1 C17, MC 9/09, All tests normal. Third round of 50mg of Clomid. IUI1=BFN.

fiannakyn replied to Bellisima09's response:
I absululy hate the stop trying advice. I've been trying off and on for 10 years, you'd think one of the breaks I already had would have worked... I even took 4 years off this last time and nada.
both dh and myself(33) TTC1 for 10 years. DH S/A fine, I have PCOS w/IR diag in 2000, currently on Clomid 100mg cd 3-7, Metformin XR 1500mg, DCI 1200mg.

Jackienalen replied to fiannakyn's response:
I've had all of those, and then some... My sister and mother have both gone so far as to tell me they'd be serrogates for me.

I've mentioned to my friends around the holidays and my birthday that DH wanted to know what I wanted from him...and my "friends" advice was to tell him that I wanted a baby! Nice!

If I express my frustration to some of my so called friends, they tell me I shouldn't worry too much because there is always adoption.

They SO don't get it.

We've been TTC #1 since 06/08 - possible PCOS and other medical issues... have been using OPKs for a few months now and nothing yet. :(

mfregoso responded:
Totally feel you on this one...

I HATE when IGNORANT people say:

1. "Your still sooooo young, give it time"...Umm I've given it 18 months and still nothing.
2. "Just relax, it will happen"...Well I could relax if you would stop asking, "Don't you want kids?" or "No Kids yet? You have been married for 2 years now."
3. "Get drunk and have a quicky, then it will happen, that's what happen to me"...It's OK, I would rather have a clear mind and body. Don't you know that alcohol is dangerous to a baby.
4. "You are trying TOO hard"...Well I work hard for what I want in life. Isn't that what you are supposed to do? Those that work hard for the things in their life have greater appreciation for them, than people who have things come easily to them.

The list can go on, but I'm not going to.

I want to laugh...its better on the body, but all those ignorant people out there, don't tempt me because I will scream at you...but I'll try to be as polite as possible ;o)
Me(26), DH(31), 1 Furbaby(Rocky). TTC No. 1 since Feb.09. All tests are normal. On the Clomid/IUI Train. Just started Acupuncture. 1 RE says I have mild PCOS the other says no. Who do I believe

alb7585 responded:
"Well, there is always adoption"
"Is it really worth all the money?"

Hello? Seriously ... is it worth allt eh money after you tell me there is always adoption. Last time I checked adoption costs money too!!

I don't know about everyone else but I am to the point where I can't even look at a pregnant woman or hear someone announce they are pregnant without wanting to scream and cry. I am just shy of totally advoiding my facebook because of it.

Jackienalen replied to alb7585's response:
Yep, right there with you!

My sister's pregnant with her second - going to pop any day now. Both of which she says were"accidents."

I don't want anything to do with her lately... I know she needs support, but ALL I hear is her complaining about her pregnancy, and she uses it as an excuse. I'm sorry, I would LOVE to be in your situation, and still be willing to do every bit of what's expected of me on a daily basis without complaining.

My husband has said I've gotten into a darker mood the closer she gets to her due date. Lately, I think he's right. I'd hate to have my nephews suffer because of my jealousy though. But it's just SO hard to see her knowing I've wanted it for so much longer and have actually been trying my damndest to get pregnant.

This too shall pass... Hopefully!
:) Jackie (30)TTC 1 since 06/08 - possible PCOS

alb7585 replied to Jackienalen's response:
I totally understand the darker mood. DF says the same thing and I guess I am grumpier and more depressed. But lets me realistic here: its MY body going through all the drugs, tests, and oh yea the miscarraige. PLUS I am in a custody battle with my DS's dad to get that all sorted out. I think we are allowed to be a little depressed!? Its so hard to do this daily and see a pregnant woman walking around or hear them complain. Don't the understand how BAD we want that. Don't complain! ITS A GIFT!!

Jackienalen responded:
AF is here today... all I want to do at the moment is scream, cry, throw a tantrum, or just do anything to get out all of my frustration... but I can't...I'm in my office at work, and I'm meeting my DH for lunch in 20 min. He knows already - I sent him a text to warn him that I might not be the best company at the moment.

How am I supposed to not get upset? Or how am I supposed to hide how frustrated and heartbroken I am?

My family has a bridal shower tonight for my soon to be SIL and her PG sister will be there, I had to deal with them last weekend asking me ALL about my issues, and WHY I'm not in the family way yet... I'm only looking forward to tonight because I can have a couple of drinks.

And then, MY sister is going to have her 2nd baby next week... I will have to take care of her son while she's in the hospital delivering the 2nd...then I have to work up the enthusiasm and tell her just how happy I am for her. Yeah, I'm happy that you're pregnant with your second "accident" and I still haven't had ONE success when I'm activly trying!

So now today, all I want to do is hide under the covers and pretend this whole ordeal is over - I'm so ready to TAB or call it quits all together. SO frustrating!

I know 2 years seems like nothing to some of you who've been trying for so much longer - but I'm starting to wonder if this will ever happen. :*(
:) Jackie (30)TTC 1 since 06/08 - possible PCOS

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 y.o. I have been married 2 years. I was dx with PCOS at 19, so I always sorta knew that having a baby would be hard! I am currently on Metform...More

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.