Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How do you keep from going INSANE on CD28?
Jackienalen posted:
Today is one of my "make or break" days.

I'm on CD28, and I'm trying not to think about the inevitable, but I'm falling short of my goal: completely ignoring my TTC efforts today and not worrying if AF shows her ugly face this week.

I haven't POAS because I'm so afraid of jinxing myself... it's happened in the past - I mention it to someone, or POAS and then AF shows up and runis my day...

How do you ladies cope with knowing that this is either going to be the best day of your life, or just another in the long line of frustrations while TTC?
:) Jackie (30)TTC 1 since 06/08 - possible PCOS & other Medical Issues - DH (33) no testing for him yet

Kofie responded:
I personally just tell myself I am not PG....I rather just be prepared for it. I "usually" never test until a week after AF was supposed to show. I always usually start within that time frame. But I hope it bears good news for you....I am going thru the same thing today.

I had one pink watery gush yesterday (sorry TMI) and today it has been nothing. I just don't understand it.
Tonya(26) DH-Patrick(34) TTC1 since 8/2005, I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I take Metformin 3x a day. DH has a normal count but not enough of the normal guys. Praying for a miracle!

Jackienalen replied to Kofie's response:
Thanks!
I try to make myself believe that I can't be PG, but deep down my hopes seem to get the better of me.

I have the same issues (don't worry it wasn't TMI)... I usually spot around CD 26-29, but still nothing yet.

We've been using the OPKs and I didn't get my LH surge this month, so more than likely I'll get a BFN anyway... but we did BD anyway around the time I should have gotten the positives...I'm expecting everything to go same as usual, but I can't shut off the little voice in back of my head that says "God, please let this be it!"
:) Jackie (30)TTC 1 since 06/08 - possible PCOS

Kofie replied to Jackienalen's response:
I totally hear you....I want so bad to be PG, but I just try to tell myself no. But trust me that little voice gets the best of me. I usually don't spot so I thought well I am out and she is here and then nothing but a little brown specs, something you really couldn't even call spotting.

Oh well I am sure she will rear her ugly head tonight or tomorrow. But I can't help thinking and hoping I ovulated later than I thought. :)

Keep me posted and best of luck again! FX and tons of baby dust!
Tonya(26) DH-Patrick(34) TTC1 since 8/2005, I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I take Metformin 3x a day. DH has a normal count but not enough of the normal guys. Praying for a miracle!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (22) Husband (24) TTC for 18 months now. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, on Metformin since August. Praying for a miracle!

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.