Skip to content
Serouis Question
An_226780 posted:
OK so this may be TMI.... But it is a serouis question........ OK ao lately DH semen does not stay in... Right when he pulls out I have to squezze my legs together to hold it in. I even try to put my legs in the air (bllushing) and it comes out. It never use to do this. It would stay in and I could lay there for a while! I know you must think I sound werid! But it kinda worries me! I want to make sure his swimmers are getting there!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Anon_31392,

My doctor told me years ago that the bad swimmers leaked out and the good swimmers were on their way to "the goal" after intercourse. While I've heard some women say their doctors tell them to lay flat on their back with legs elevated 10-15 minutes after intercourse, I've seen others post here that their doctors have told them that laying flat doesn't help.

You can check with your doctor for his or her expert opinion. Here's an article on Easy Ways to Encourage Fertility that may be of interest to you. However, leaking semen after intercourse is just the results of gravity--it's normal.

Best wishes,

Byroney

An_226781 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much!

kitvond responded:
Does this happen every time you DTD? I am wondering - isn't your cervix slightly more open around ovulation than during other times of the month? Is it possible that it's only happening during the times when you're not ovulating, when the cervix isn't as soft/open? Just a thought, I could be way off!

I always have some "leakage" even when I keep my legs in the air, and as soon as I get up most of it comes out. I'm pretty sure I've read that for the most part it's just the seminal fluid leaking out, and the sperm themselves keep swimming upward.
Kit (30) and DH (31) TTC since 3/08. IF due to stage II endo, treated 12/09. 1st BFP

hppyTurtle responded:
For peace of mind, you could use Instead cups right after DTD to keep all the swimmers in there. You can find them at CVS or online at early-pregancy-tests.com

Good luck!
Me (28) and DH (29) TTC our first since March '09. No diagnosed problems. 5 rounds of Clomid, 100mg, and NOTHING. One more Clomid C... Come on, BFP!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sara (25); DH (26); TTC#1; C25; dx with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 2007; been off meds since July 2008; dealing with MFIF; Clomid helped DH's low mot...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.