Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
discouring parents.
MrsCYoung posted:
I want to start out by saying sry that im kinda venting but here it goes. So my DH nd I have been TTC for the past year and both my parents and his parents are very happy for us. But today I was talking to my mother and she said that because in the past my husband and I have had some problems, just like everyone else that maybe our house isnt a healthy enviroment for raising childern. She apoligized shortly after saying that what she said was out of line but still im a little hurt. Yes My Dh and I have had problems but we have gotten past them and are a better couple for it. Dah I probably wouldnt be so sensitive if we hadnt been trying already for a year its just so hard to see our friends having kids and not us, then put that lovely comment on top of it. Im sorry for venting like this to you all but I thought you might understand, thanks for listening and for any kind words of encouragment.

Jackienalen responded:
Please don't apologize for venting... that's what we're here for!

I'm so sorry she said such a hurtful thing to you. Some people just don't think when they say things about others who are TTC. You have a right to feel upset and hurt, but try not to dwell on it...unfortunately it seems like it's part of the journey of TTC - people try to say things that they think might help or make us feel better, but ultimately they either hurt us more or only make themselves feel better.

I wish you all the luck with your TTC journey... and I pray that it's a short one. Just remember, everyone has problems, but our problems are that: OURS, not our families. Only you know what's in your heart, and only you know how much you're willing to put up with. If this is what you want, and what you feel is right... follow it. It'll all work itself out in the end.
:) Jackie (30)TTC 1 since 06/08 - possible PCOS

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am wife to a wonderful hubby. We have TTC for almost 3 years now, in that process we adopted our daughter, I had surgery for my endo, went back on t...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.