Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Finally got the courage...
kzim517 posted:
After much encouragement, including from some of you here, I finally was able to get the courage to pursue some answers. My previous doctor was very nice but kind of wishy-washy when it came to seeking answers to my questions. He was pretty convinced that because I have been pregnant before, it would happen again. While I trusted his professional opinion, the lack of monitoring and testing after months of failing on Clomid made me think I should be doing something more.

So I decided to go with another OB/GYN. I work in a NICU and have some experience with her when attending deliveries (not an easy thing for me right now), and I really liked her personality. Although it was a little weird to have someone I work with in my "business", I turned out to be a great decision. It was a very difficult week; I had really hoped for a BFP this week but that was not in the cards (I don't know why i thought it was possible, just hopeful I guess). She was compassionate and said so many things that I was hoping to hear, without being patronizing. I really feel like I made a good decision seeking answers from someone else, and now I have an appointment with a nurse practitioner who specializes in infertility next week! I was so disappointed Thursday morning when AF reared her ugly head, and I was starting to think about giving up. But I feel so good about not accepting the way things were going and doing something about it.

I know we have a long way to go, but at least we are moving in the right direction again. Keep your chins up, ladies. Stay positive and hopeful, and don't give up.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Kzim,

Thank you for posting about your recent experience with changing doctors. Especially since you mention that she was being compassionate without being patronizing.

Let us know how your appointment goes with the NP this week--it sounds like things are moving in a positive direction for you.

Cheering you on,

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi ya'll! I'm Tanishia from South Louisiana. I have one daughter Lilya Jo born on Dec.2, 2006 from a previous relationship. My husband Bra...More

Helpful Tips

Hello All.
so it's more like a helpful tip for all including me.i just told my partner that i am quiting smoking,and he needs to stop ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.