Skip to content
Waiting for AF...
momofone08 posted:
I hate waiting for AF to show. Always seems to take forever when your actually waiting for it. I took Provera for five days, and today is the first day not on it. I'm cramping but thats about it.

Any of you ladies who have taken Provera, how long does it take for AF to show up?( I'm starting Clomid this Cycle so I really want it to come )

Thanks for any thoughts
Kim(21)DH(21)~~ DD 9/16/08 7lbs 2oz. 18 in.~~2 Angel Babies 6/21/07 and 4/3/10~~ TTC 2 since June 2009~~ PCOS 5/10~~ First Cycle Clomid 50mg

MMK82 responded:
Hi Kim,

Anytime I have taken it for 5 days, AF arrived within 2-3 days of taking the last pill. But, this last time, I took it for 10 days, and had some spotting during the last two days and AF was here the first full day after taking the last pill.

Hopefully she gets here soon so you can get on with things! Good luck this cycle--let us know when she finally makes her appearance!
Megan (28), DH (25). TTC since 09/2008; m/c 06/2009.

momofone08 replied to MMK82's response:
Hi Megan,
Thank you for replying to my post. So 7 days later still no AF. And I just realized that my dr didnt take a Urine sample from me so I'm freaking out because I know provera can be bad if I was lucky last cycle. I did just call but hes on lunch so Im hoping to get a reply soon from him. Really curious whats going on.
Kim(21)DH(21)~~ DD 9/16/08 7lbs 2oz. 18 in.~~2 Angel Babies 6/21/07 and 4/3/10~~ TTC 2 since June 2009~~ PCOS 5/10~~ First Cycle Clomid 50mg

kzim517 replied to momofone08's response:
Probably the longest 7 days ever...

I am pretty sure waiting 10 days or so is not uncommon. But who wants to wait 10 days? I am not sure what makes it shorter for some and longer for others. How many days did you take Provera?

Hang in there. It sounds weird, but I hope AF shows up for you soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jane and my husband and I have been TTCing since March 2008. We are currently in the process of doing testing and hoping that we can concei...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.