Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
More disappointment
kzim517 posted:
Went for an ultrasound and some bloodwork today (CD3). Of course we found exactly what I was hoping not to find - I have cysts. On both ovaries. So no clomid this month. I can't even verbalize how diappointed I am.
Some of my labs came back. My FSH was low, which was no shock to anyone. Still waiting on a few others. AF has been really weird, seems like it's ending already but the ultrasound showed what looks like a pocket of fluid still in my uterus. I think the cysts are really screwing with my body.

I hate this.

- Kari

hopefulk77 responded:
Oh Kari :( I'm so sorry - it sucks when you think positive about doing something in a cycle and it doesn't go to plan.

Will the doctor recommend a month of waiting to see if the cysts go away or will they schedule a lap?
K (33), DH (34), TTC 1 Since Oct 08, M/C Jun09 (10wks), RE Appt Dec10, http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/KL

kzim517 replied to hopefulk77's response:
We did a lot more monitoring this month and added an hCG trigger... I guess it made me a little more hopeful, so it was that much harder when things didn't work.
Now we'll take a month off Clomid. I will have another ultrasound at the end of next week to see how things are going and whether my body decided to try and ovulate on its own.
I'm really frustrated because it was another OB that prescribed the increased dose and wasn't even going to do any monitoring. After one month, I have 3 big cysts. I wouldn't even know it if I hadn't gone to someone else. At least I got up the nerve to see someone else.

Thanks so much for the support. I am really lost right now.
Kari (30), DH (32), DS born 12/09. It seems we are learning daily just what a little miracle he was. Failed 4 cycles of clomid with Ovidrel, cysts detected in Feb. FSH and P4 low.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone! I am new to this site so please bear with me. I am 32yrs old and my husband is 33yrs old. He has two daughters from a previous relatio...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.