Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to conceive
chyin posted:
I have been trying to conceive for over a year now and without any luck or anything. I don't use protection or birth control of any sort and I still have yet to get pregnant; is this a cause for concern or what is going on?

tripp9 responded:
First off I'm really sorry that you have not been able to conceive yet but you came to a great place. The women here are wonderful to talk to and have really helped me feel better about this whol process. First off have you been tracking with you ovulate? That's a big key. Also, are you regular in your monthly flows?
Judie DH (27), Me (31), TTC since July 09, Have done Acupuncture and going to start trying it again.

chyin replied to tripp9's response:
I have been tracking when I ovulate and my monthly flows were weird a while ago but they seem to be normal now. Lately I have been starting at the beginning of the month and it last about 4 or 5 days. A few months back when I would start it would be really light or brown and last about a couple days if that; now however I actually have a normal flow and don't have the brown discharge until I am on my last day.

canwedothis replied to chyin's response:
Hi chyin,
I wouldn't neccessarily call it cause for concern, but probably cause for some action. Your OB-GYN should be able to help you out if you haven't already addressed it with them. They may check you out and suggest your husband have a SA done. Unless you are aware of an issue with you/your cycles, I wouldn't get too worried about anything just yet. My sister in law is expecting and said her cycle patterns changed a little bit when they started trying. Nature can do strange things to us:). Keep your head up and keep us posted!

chyin replied to canwedothis's response:
Yeah, I should talk with him about getting that done. Its been a long time that we have been trying and it just gets so hard and I feel like its my body and am really concerned about it. I will definitely keep up on here.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Rebecca, but everyone calls me Becca. I am 23 years old living in SC but orignally from the Bay Area of CA. I've been with my husband M...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.