Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sleeping Problems
Meggy1886 posted:
My DH and I have been TTC for about a year now. I'm on my 2nd month of Clomid right now but I'm concered that I'm not getting enough sleep and it might affect my fertility even more. I've read some articles about it...has anyone read this or heard about it? I started working the night shift back in November and I think my internal clock is officially messed up. I'm starting to feel like a walking zombie! I'm so tired, but my body just wakes up and I can't fall back asleep!! Just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and if so, what did you do?! I'm going to bring it up to my gyno this week and see what she says. Thanks so much for your help!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Meggy1886!

I have an article on Shift Workers and Sleep Issues that might be helpful. Hopefully that will help give you some ideas about what to speak to your doctor about this week.

Write back with an update if you get a chance,

Byroney
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.~ Roseanne Barr

Meggy1886 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks so much for the article. I've made an appointment to go speak to my doctor! I will write back with an update about what she says in case someone else is dealing with the exact same thing! Thanks again!

~Meagan~

Meggy1886 replied to Meggy1886's response:
I went to the doctor today and she ordered some blood tests to make sure that it's nothing else that is causing my fatigue. Should have those results tomorrow. She also said I could take Ambien to help me sleep, but only a couple times of week so I won't become dependant on it...and it also won't affect my fertility. I talked to my supervisor at work and in a couple of weeks I will be switching shifts so I can get back on a normal sleep schedule. Thanks again!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I haven't slept well in about 2 years. I think part of my problem is that I'm really stressed out about ttc. The other part might be that my hormones aren't right.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello Everyone, Here is a little of my story. I am 25 and have been married to my husband who is 36, for over a year now. We have no children toget...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.