Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday 21st Updates
hopefulk77 posted:
Morning ladies,

Today is CD16 for me, I got peak on my CBEFM and went for another monitoring u/s this morning. My regular RE is out of town and the stand in has cancelled my IUI cycle :(

I have 5 follies, 24, 2*22, and 2*18mm, all ready to pop and he says the risk of multiples is just too high. Last cycle I had 4 and nothing happened so I'm very disappointed. I think we may just BD ourselves and see what comes of it...
K (33), DH (34), TTC 1 Since Oct 08, M/C Jun09 (10wks),
Unexplained Infertility
IUI 1: Feb, 100mg clomid, 4 follies (R), BFN
IUI 2: Mar, 100mg clomid
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/KL

codysu responded:
(Lurking) I don't usually post here but do lurk occasionally. I'm so sorry they cancelled your cycle. I would BD and hope that you catch one of your eggs. I hope it works for you this cycle. I am on CD#17 and did my IUI on Friday morning. I think I O'd on Sat, according to my temps. I am hoping they survived long enough for the egg to drop and that we get lucky this cycle. I read another post and their sperm counts were 4-5 times higher than ours, so that was kind of discouraging. But I know it only takes one, so will try to stay positive will on the 2ww.

FrenchBulldogMom replied to codysu's response:
I lurk here too!

I'm up for my 1st IUI next month and I'm trying to figure out which OPK or plain Ovulation test to buy. Should I just buy the $100 machine that reads the test strips for me?

klwise responded:
Darn! Sorry foir the cancellation, but there is still hope BDing it! Good luck!

hopefulk77 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Hi french - I use the CBEFM (Clearblue easy fertility monitor) I like it because it takes the stress out of reading the OPKs... is is darker, is that a surge.. I know it's a bit more expensive but i do like mine, and its easy for me - I test once a day with FMU and if I go back to bed without reading the result it stores it for me on the monitor.

I've used OPKs also and found them easy but i always paniced that maybe i was missing a surge, or had to test twice a day...

hope that helps,
k
K (33), DH (34), TTC 1 Since Oct 08, M/C Jun09 (10wks), Unexplained Infertility IUI 1: Feb, 100mg clomid, 4 follies (R), BFN IUI 2: Mar, 100mg clomid http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/KL

Spotlight: Member Stories

I got my period when I was 12 and it was"normal" for about a year. Then it started skipping and I went to a gynecologist and an endocrinolog...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.