Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vitamin B6
Bamahome posted:
A friend of mine suggested that I try B6 to lengthen my luteal phase. I started taking it 7DPO. I am not at 14DPO, and normally get my period on 12DPO. My question is, do you think taking the B6 that late in my cycle has made me start my period this late? I kind of thought it might push it a day or two. Tomorrow I will be 3 days late. I have taken two pregnancy tests, both negative. I went to the doctor this morning for a blood test & won't have the results until tomorrow morning. Anyone have experience in this area? If so, how many days did B6 extend your cycle?
Thanks!

hopefulk77 responded:
Hi,

I know B6 can and does lengthen your LP, I've used it and it lengthened mine from 11 days to 13, pre m/c.

It may also be that you ovulated slightly later than you think or you may be lucky and your blood test will be positive. Do you chart your cycles? Using FF helps pinpoint O days and can help relieve a lot of the 2WW stress. Of course sometimes AF is just messing with us and is late :(
K (33), DH (34), TTC 1 Since Oct 08, M/C Jun09 (10wks), Unexplained Infertility IUI 1: Feb, 100mg clomid, 4 follies (R), BFN IUI 2: Mar, 100mg clomid http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/KL

Bamahome replied to hopefulk77's response:
Hi! Yes, I do chart on my own as well as on FF. We did IUI with a HCG shot so, that, in combination with my temp should mean I ovulated on Day 12 for sure. Since I haven't taken B6 before, I really was just wondering how long of a delay to expect. Two days is a good point of reference for me.

I am trying to be positive and hopeful but guarded as well. I see that you have been trying for a long time, us too. I wish you well!!

hopefulk77 replied to Bamahome's response:
Great - that makes everything clearer, I know clomid can also lengthen your cycle too.. so beware of that.

Fingers crossed for your blood test - please let us know how you get on!
K (33), DH (34), TTC 1 Since Oct 08, M/C Jun09 (10wks), Unexplained Infertility IUI 1: Feb, 100mg clomid, 4 follies (R), BFN IUI 2: Mar, 100mg clomid http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/KL

Bamahome replied to hopefulk77's response:
Hello! Well, my blood test was negative. It was taken on 14DPO. Today is 17DPO and Cycle Day 29. No period as of yet. My doctor said to call on Monday & let him know that I either got my period or if I didn't. If I did, we will do the usual pelvic exam and if not, we will do another blood test & then try to figure out what happened. All things indicated that I ovulated so I am very confused by this situation. I will post an update when I know more. Thanks for listening!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Jessica (34) DH (37) TTC since 11/08; Maybe IVF #3 Aug/Sep?? IVF #1 #2 BFN; Previous cycles all BFN: 3 IUI/follistim, 2 femara. DH SA great.

Helpful Tips

Abbreviations
Copied from http://ttcjso.blogspot.com/ 1ww: 1 week wait 2ww: 2 Week Wait AF: Aunt Flow (menstrual cycle) AI: Artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.