Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HSG
TrackSJ posted:
Hey guys I was just wondering if you have had an HSG what the cost was? Thanks!

Kofie responded:
My portion after insurance paid was almost $300.
Tonya(26) DH-Patrick(34) TTC1 since 8/2005, I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I take Metformin 3x a day. DH has a normal count but not enough of the normal guys. Praying for a miracle!

kzim517 responded:
Probably depends a little bit on where you live and then of course your insurance... my doctor had estimated about $1000 (before insurance) when you account for the services and the test itself.
Kari (30), DH (32), our little miracle DS born 12/09. Failed 4 cycles of clomid/HCG, cysts in Feb. FSH and P4 low, DH has low morphology. On to clomid/IUI in March.

TrackSJ replied to Kofie's response:
Thanks! thats better than I thought...but I dont know if my insurance will cover it or not.

TrackSJ replied to kzim517's response:
okay. I should call my insurance, I was just looking for what others paid. thanks so much!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to TrackSJ's response:
My co-pay was like $250, and I pay 20% of all procedures like that.

mkriege responded:
I had a $30 co-pay and then my insurance paid for the rest of it.

fiannakyn replied to mkriege's response:
have your doctor put "irregular periods" as the diagnosis for the HCG- then it won't trigger the "infertiliy" noncoverage. -in fact everything except actual IUI and IVF treatments and medications like Clomid and Femera can be used to treat/ test "irregular periods" and be covered as regular medical. Doctors and insurance companies understand that conditions like Endo and PCOS can lead to more serious conditions -and costly treatments. Fertility just happens to be a desirable "side effect".

I live in Missouri and when I had it done I know that all together, including hospital costs, Radiology, and the Gyn's professional charges, before insurance it was $1800. I was responsable for my deductable which ended up being $675.
Vicky

alani2008 responded:
Hello
I had one just the other day, and it was painful. Not sure what the cost was because my insurance paid for it. The experience was like labor pains, very hard cramps.

sfareed responded:
$ 200

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Janet. My husband and I have been married for almost 4 yrs. and trying to get pregnant a lil over 2 yrs now, he was in active duty sinc...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.