Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'M NEW TO TTC: 12 MTHS
JONES_A posted:
MY NAME IS ADRIENNE, I AM 32, MY DH AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TTC SINCE 2006. I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PCOS IN 2008. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOME WHERE TO BELONG OR SHOULD I SAY WHERE SOMEONE CAN RELATE TO WHAT I AM FEELING.
I COME FROM A SOMEWHAT FERTILE FAMILY AND I AM THE FIRST TO HAVE "ISSUES" WITH CONCEIVING.
I HAVE TO SAY THIS IS NOTHING LESS THEN AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER.

Bamahome responded:
Hi! I am 33 and we have been TTC since 2009. I can certainly relate to how you are feeling. It really is such an isolating feeling isn't it? A friend of mine suggested that I start a journal, which I keep on my computer. I like it because I get to say all the things I am thinking without offending anyone. It is perfectly ok to be mad, sad or even apathetic at times. Just try to allow yourself to feel what you are feeling instead of bottling them up.

It sounds like you have a lot of kids in your family, (I am an aunt to 8!). Every time someone gets pregnant, I try to feel encouraged that it can happen for me too. Otherwise, I think we just start to feel left out. I wish you the best!

JONES_A replied to Bamahome's response:
Hello...:) It is such a truly isolating feeling.Sometimes I feel like I'm in a bubble.
I also had been journaling for awhile, but just recently took a break. I have a problem with bottling everything up and let them fester. One of the things I am trying to overcome.
Its really comforting to hear that I'm not the only one who has these feelings. I feel a little less crazy, ha ha.
I'm also an aunt of 8. My eldest niece just recently got engaged and found out she is expecting. She doesn't want to tell me.... ugh. But all I can do is be supportive and happy for her. It's an awful feeling when your loved ones are afraid to share their good news, because they don't want to hurt you.
thank you for your encouragement and your words of comfort. I also wish you nothing but the best and much more!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
My husband and I have been TTC for 2 1/2 years. We're scheduling an IUI for next month, so I can totally identify with the roller coaster part. My doctor put me on Metformin to lower my resting insulin.

I had 4 benign uterine polyps removed about a month ago and my doctor is waiting until I've healed from my surgery to start any medication and/or procedures.

I turn 35 tomorrow, which means the cost of any procedures will go up for me. Even though my husband and I are stressed out from all this, we're getting excited about the upcoming procedure.

123linz responded:
Hey
My friend was diagnosed with PCOS around the same time as you and has just found out this week that she is pregnant! so just keep trying! She only had managed to have sex once the last time she was ovulating, which was from behind, a fellow nurses tip! And after two years it worked! mirracles happen..... hopefully it will happen for me too this year too! x x x

JONES_A replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Well Happy Birthday and I hope you get a wonderful birthday present in-store for you! It just takes alot out of us, emotionally and financially, doesn't it. But what ever it takes to get that bundle of joy!

JONES_A replied to 123linz's response:
Good afternoon. What a blessing for your friend. I truly hope that it we ALL our blessed with a little surprise this year too. Now wouldn't that just be awesome. I heard that that position was a winner. Thanks for the tip!!

Newlife27 replied to JONES_A's response:
hello im new to TTC as well.i do hope and pray we are all blessed one day soon with are own suprise too..i know i can't wait for the day i take that test and it has two lines oh what a wonderful day it will be,

curiousnmo replied to Newlife27's response:
Oh wow, roller coaster def. describes it!! We have been ttc since April of last year. Just recently came into some problems.. Hadn't had my period since December. I just got it again last week because I had to take a pill to jump start it. The dr. says since I took depo for so long my body is having problems ovulating... so now it's even more stressful. It's not just the whole months coming and going.. now there is even more to worry about.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I got pregnant when I was 23, had a miscarriage at 10w. After the scare 10 years ago I went on the depo-provera shot. When we finally grew up and deci...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.