Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
still trying
mrsjackson1031 posted:
I am 27 and i have been trying to get pregnate for almost 5yrs and it still hasnt happend and i was wondering if anyone has any advice that they could share with me

BethAnn88 responded:
Are you seeing an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) or a regular GYN? If you're not seeing an RE, I would suggest getting a referral for one. They specialize in infertility and know what kinds of testing or possible treatments would be best for your situation better than a regular dr. would. Good luck!
Me(29) DH(31) TTC since Jan 2009. M/C May 2009 @ 10wks. Started seeing RE Dec 2010 and dx'd w/ mild endo. 1st IUI Apr 2011

mrsjackson1031 replied to BethAnn88's response:
thanks for the info

sarahann78 responded:
No advice really, but I tried on my own for over 5 years. I just thought I couldn't handle the pressure of taking the next step...I went the obgyn last fall for help...got pregnant right away but had a miscarriage...made me take another step back, but I am moving forward again....baby steps for me though, but I am glad I asked for help, I thought it would be more pressure but really its helped... Good luck!!!!

mrsjackson1031 replied to sarahann78's response:
thanks i have started taking prenatal vitamins to see if that helps... i have had a few friends that have had babies and they have told me different things to try

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Go to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. Without the proper tests, you may have conditions that are preventing pregnancy and not even know it. I had a very thick uterine lining and 4 polyps (noncancerous) and it took several involved tests to find this out. I had to have surgery and now 3 months later, we're about to schedule an IUI. My gyno said that he preferred sending women to a RE sooner rather than later because he didn't want to waste time (I'm over 30) with just trial and error.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 26-year-old mother of two. I have asthma, carpal tunnel, and FM. My husband and I have been trying since May 2009 to conceive and we're ...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.